The Community's Launchpad
Polygen is the Community's Launchpad, a decentralized launchpad where projects are free to innovate, experiment, and launch their ventures.
At Polygen, we prioritize the interests of both projects and investors.
Projects have complete flexibility to decide how much they want to raise, what auction mechanism they wish to use, and how they do their tiering and operate any project round. Projects are given the tools needed to experiment and create a customizable Initial Decentralized offering.
Meanwhile, investors have complete control over which projects succeed and which projects fail. When investing on Polygen, users automatically become part of a community. Why is that?
It is nearly impossible for only a handful of investors to fund a project on the platform entirely, thus creating communal-like raises. Using our self-engineered raiseToken, Polygen secures the investors’ USDC in a pool in exchange for the raiseToken. This ensures that the invested funds remain locked until the raise has met the required raise amount.
At Polygen, we provide the infrastructure for a rich and diverse community to prosper. When a new project is listed as upcoming, the community can then learn about the new raise, investigate them thoroughly, and safely buy the project’s tokens.
In essence, Polygen finally brings the crypto ethos of "decentralization" and "community" to the Launchpad ecosystem.
It’s important to note, that because of our permissionless approach, projects listed on Polygen do not represent an endorsement by Polygen. Projects are merely utilizing the tools of Polygen to let their, and our, community vet and fund their project.
- 1.Transparent. Most launchpads fail to deliver the appropriate information to produce an accurate investment decision. And if they do, then there is often no history of when the project reveals this information. Since all the information on Polygen is stored on-chain, users will have access to any changes made by a project.
- 2.Made for projects to last. Projects planning for a promising future may be unsuccessful on traditional launchpads because they cannot pass their short-term oriented vetting process. Since Polygen does not decide who may and may not raise, the control of who will receive liquidity or capital comes from our community of investors. Our investors can vet meaningful projects with an actual long-term viable product. That is why when a new project is listed as upcoming; the community can then learn about the new IDO, investigate them thoroughly, and during the auction, buy tokens at a price that they deem is fair to them.
- 3.We prioritize the investors and projects over the launchpad's interest. Since we are community-driven, our entire ethos is transparent, fair, and open. We lower the barrier of entry for both the investors and projects. Our only interest is to allow investors and projects to find each other while innovating and experimenting all whilst growing the blockchain ecosystem.
- 4.Anti-Whale. Using our FLO system in combination with raiseTokens we can mitigate malicious whales from purchasing up all the tokens in a raise and dumping their tokens after the raise. The reason being is the more quantity of tokens one purchases, the higher the average price per token will be?
- 5.Community is the deciding factor. Most launchpads do not require a project to launch with a community. They merely encourage their users to buy a new token project, often leading to investors not doing their due diligence. Such encouragement can result in insufficient communities to develop around a project. On Polygen, if a project cannot launch itself, then they did not have a large enough community and/or our community's "stamp-of-approval."
- 6.Flexibility. Polygen is a dynamic launchpad that offers flexible options to encourage projects to experiment. There are numerous variables that projects can adjust to create price discovery and capital efficiencies. Meanwhile, projects are free to decide on including and excluding features; for example, KYC is optional, and projects have autonomy on whether they wish their investors KYC.
- 7.Protecting Investors. Polygen's raiseToken protects investors from a "Bring Your Own" (BYO) token policy. Through a BYO token policy, investors who provide the initial liquidity in the seed round are at risk of being scammed by the raiser. Why? Let's say a raise creator puts 1% of their BYO token into the seed round, asking for a $1MM seed. Then as they move into the raise round, they sell the remaining 99% of the token into the raise after it starts. Thus draining most of the USDC from the seed round in the process. The raise would ultimately fail and auto-trigger Polygen's refund function. However, in this case, there would be little to no USDC left in the pool, so the refund would fail. Meaning the creator of the BYO token would have effectively stolen funds from the seeders.